7.18.2008

...stuff

I have decided that I am drowning in STUFF. crap, bullshit, knick knacks, call it what you will but I have too much of it. I decided to be ambitious today and unpack the last 6 boxes I have stacked up in my room upstairs and in the proces of unpacking these, I became angry with how much stuff I have. Why? Why do I have all this crap? What purpose does it even serve? Except to take up space and piss me off? And now, I come down to the kitchen/living room level and I'm looking around and getting pissed off at how much crap is here too. I need to unload. I need to just go crazy and throw stuff away and not even feel bad about it. I need to not feel guilty about throwing away that stuffed bear that I got in a stocking when I was 15, or the ugly bronze lamp I picked up at the thrift store when I was 22. I just feel crowded and claustrophobic. I'm sick of being surrounded by so much junk. I'm sick of having to find places to put all the junk and then hating how cluttered it all looks. So, I'm going to clean it. I'm going to throw stuff away without remorse. Tomorrow, I'm spending the day getting rid of crap.

No comments: